School Reopening Plan
Letter From Our Principal
Greetings IMLCS Families
I hope this letter finds you well, and you've had a chance to enjoy the summer while being safe, wearing a mask, and following handwashing recommendations. The last few months of the 2019-2020 school year was filled with unexpected, unprecedented circumstances and changes, unlike anything that we've ever seen or imagined. Despite the incredibly unique challenges of the COVID -19 pandemic, we have risen to the occasion to support our students and families in ensuring the continuity of learning for all our students. Now we are looking forward to the new school year.
New York State and the NYS Department of Health has released guidance on school reopening. IMLCS is committed to putting forward a plan that follows all health and safety guidance and mandates. We are committed to doing everything to support our students' learning and protect our students' and staff's health. Reopening our school in a hybrid format (remote and on-site) requires all stakeholders to use best practices and maintain safe daily habits to reduce the risk of exposure.
COVID-19's impacted many aspects of education, including revealing inequities. In the coming days, we will be clarifying and refining our school-specific plans for school reopening in the fall. We expect this to be a dynamic process that will include many versions as more guidance is given. As we get closer to school reopening, what is true today will probably not be accurate in September. Unfortunately, the virus will be determining what happens.
To ensure students and staff meet physical distancing requirements to the extent possible for in-person instruction, IMLCS will be offering the following instructional program models:
Grades Pre- Kindergarten and Kindergarten Program Models:
• Will follow a 5 days per week in-person instructional model (Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm)
• Parents can opt-in to a 100 % remote instruction program model
Grades 1 - 4 Program Models:
• Will follow a blended learning model consisting of 3 in-person instructional days and 2 days of remote instruction.
• Parents can opt-in to a 100 % remote instruction program model.
Grades 5-8 (Middle School) Progam Models:
• Will follow a blended learning model consisting of two cohorts attending school on alternating days of in-person instruction (2 days ) and remote learning (3 days).